Firm Slants – Firm Angle Change
Genuine SURE FOOT Equine FIRM SLANT Pads are Yellow DuraFlex coating top stamped with the official SURE FOOT logo and charcoal on the other. They are made of the same material as the FIRM Pad cut on an angle. They are packaged in pairs along with a Warranty Registration Card and QR code.
FIRM SLANTS will give more under the horse’s weight than HARD SLANTS. This is beneficial to many horses because they can yield laterally – similar to the FIRM pads – depending upon where the hoof is along the slant thickness.
FIRM SLANTS may be used on either side; however, the pad is more stable when used colored side up. FIRM SLANTS may be used in any direction, heel high, heel low, or laterally (supination or pronation). Horses may stand anywhere along the angle of the pad from the thin leading edge to the full height (up to 3”) at the back.
Horses that are particularly unsure or nervous benefit from using FIRM SLANTS because the horse can stand on the leading edge, which is very thin. They may be used under front and hind hooves. Horses appear to prefer the FIRM SLANTS heel high. FIRM SLANTS may be comforting for horses with laminitis and arthritis, for those rehabilitating from stringhalt, shoulder or pelvic injury, or those that have stifle or hoof concerns.
- Pads are suitable for use on any surface with horses that are shod, barefoot and/or wearing boots.
- Pads will show wear over time. Nicks, tears, and cuts are considered normal wear and tear and do not limit the effects of the pads in any way.
- Benefit: Long-term use to aid in improvement of overall horse health and well-being.
- Color Coded: Coated with Yellow DuraFlex, a highly durable, anti-microbial coating.
- Shape: Rectangular shape cut on an angle along the length.
- Size: 12”x10”x3” (25cmx30cmx7.6cm) so that there is sufficient area for the horse’s hoof divided into two angled pads.
- Pad weight: Each pad weighs less than 6 oz. (170 grams).
- Weight load limit: Can be used with horses of any size, weight or breed.